Snow Skiing

I learned how (barely) to snow ski in Squaw Valley, CA when I was 15. I started on the bunny slopes and mostly stayed on the bunny slopes when I went there. We moved to Europe when I was 16 and my father took us to Austria. It was there that I really learned how to snow ski. We took lessons from an Austrian ski instructor named Hermutz who was very nice and a very good teacher. When it was time, Hermutz took us way up to the top of a very high mountain. I was with my older sister. I remember watching everybody follow Hermutz as he led us safely down. I was last and very afraid. It seemed like it was almost straight down and somewhat ICY. My sister stopped and waited and told me exactly what to do. She had skied more than I had in the past. I did what she said to do and then I was OK after that first steep beginning down the mountain. It was snowing and very, very cold. After that first fearful time, I was OK with going down that mountain over and over again. It was soooo much fun. Talk about beautiful! Talk about peaceful! I love St. Anton, Austria and also Pertisau, Austria. I have to thank my father for bringing us to these beautiful places to have a beautiful vacation on snow skis.





Ski Resorts in USA








Comments

Popular Posts