Do you like to travel around the globe?

I have lived in many places but I will tell you that I love America. I also love the whole world. When I was young the world seemed like a huge place to me. It seemed that there was no way that I could ever travel to those far away places. But I did go to many of those places. It was fun because I was young and in my teens. My son has been very fortunate and has made it possible for himself to travel the whole world. He loves Taiwan and will probably love Thailand after he goes there this winter. I would love to go to Thailand someday too.

Flying did not bother me when I was young. The airlines had comfortable seating, nice meals and service. Now in present-day the stewardesses are sometimes rude and inconsiderate. They don't care what they look like. The seats are so small that it is terribly uncomfortable. With all of the screening that is necessary to protect people who fly, it is very unpleasant to stand in line and then get mistreated by those people who screen us. No fun at all anymore. I love my country and I can get in my car and drive to where I want to go unless I really need to fly somewhere fast. It would be nice if the airlines could create automatic screening channels without having the problem-causing screeners. Stupid control freaks trying to make us uncomfortable! (well not all of them but definitely some of them)

We went to San Francisco a couple years ago and the flight was uncomfortable because we were crammed into small seats. It was a 4 hour flight. We were treated OK on this United Airlines flight but I told my husband that I don't want to fly long flights again unless we can go First Class. We won't be flying too much. Here is a picture I took of the cute sea lions at Pier 39. They just want a safe place to rest like we all do. Very cute!

One other thing! We ate seafood at a restaurant close to Pier 39. Don't remember the name. I was eating my second bite of seafood and bit down on a sharp tack. Thank God I did not swallow it! The female manager was foreigner/American and didn't offer to refund us or anything. Well she did ask if I wanted something else. I had just wanted the crab meal so I was afraid to try it again. She was a b.....! No apology from this woman! I didn't have a decent meal that evening and I was upset!




Comments

Popular Posts